All the things Christopher Nolan was able to accomplish in the superhero genre will forever be held in high regard by fans. The acclaimed director is best known by comic book junkies for his work on The Dark Knight trilogy but when it ended, so did his interest in doing more projects under the umbrella.
For years, fans have been clamoring to see the 52-year-old screen icon make his triumphant comeback to the superhero genre, be it a follow-up to The Dark Knight Rises or even a Marvel film but he's reiterated several times that he no longer wants to do anything with the material.
Unsurprisingly, his stance regarding the matter hasn't changed and by the looks of things, the NolanVerse isn't set for expansion at least not anytime soon.
The Dark Knight Trilogy's Christopher Nolan is Done with Comic Book Film Projects
In an interview with Hugo Décrypte, the Oppenheimer filmmaker was asked if he's ready to once again return to the genre that launched his directing career to the stratosphere.
Unfortunately, it looks like Nolan's days of doing movies centered on comic book characters are over and he simply responded with a blunt "no" when asked about the possibility.
Also Read: Star Wars: Christopher Nolan’s Potential Involvement Sends Fans Into a Frenzy
Nolan's unsurprising remark also kills any of Christian Bale ever suiting up again as Batman. Last year, the Thor: Love and Thunder actor said that while he'd be open to the idea of reprising the role, he'll only do it if Nolan is involved.
He said: "For me, that would be a matter of Chris Nolan, if he ever decided to do it again and if he chose to come my way again, then yeah, I would consider it because that was always our pact between each other is we would just stick to it."
This is most likely the reason why we never saw him in The Flash.
Meanwhile, Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer hits cinemas on July 21.