Kevin Feige Hints Multi-Decade Plan for X-Men in the MCU: "There Can Be 100 More"

Marvel is betting big on mutants.

Sadie Sink as Jean Grey in Spider-Man: Brand New Day
Sadie Sink as Jean Grey in Spider-Man: Brand New Day

  • Primary Subject: Kevin Feige’s MCU X-Men roadmap
  • Key Update: At D23, Kevin Feige revealed that Marvel Studios is developing a multi-decade plan to feature the X-Men.
  • Status: Confirmed
  • Last Verified: August 17, 2026
  • Quick Answer: Following the reboot’s cast reveal, Kevin Feige confirmed Marvel Studios is planning a multi-decade X-Men storyline spanning multiple future sagas.

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has teased that they are working on a multi-decade plan for the X-Men in future sagas of the MCU.

Fans have been looking forward to the upcoming X-Men reboot, which will officially introduce the iconic mutant team in the MCU. Recently, after months of speculation, they finally unveiled some of the cast members for the upcoming film.

Now that the mutants will be heavily featured in the future of the MCU, there are questions about what kind of plans Marvel has for their saga.

What Are Kevin Feige's Plans for the X-Men in the MCU?

X-Men MCU Cast
expand image
Credit: Marvel.com

During a recent panel at D23, Kevin Feige opened up about his plans for the future of the X-Men in the MCU following the cast announcement for the reboot.

While he didn't share any specific details about the mutant team's future, he hinted that they are eyeing a multi-decade plan and that there is a possibility that they will appear in multiple sagas.

"Having 85, almost 90 years of comic book history, there are so many stories yet to tell. We announced a very young, new cast for a property called X-Men the other day," the Marvel Studios president said.

“And that’s great, because there have been 10 great X-Men movies, but there can be 100 more. There are sagas upon sagas, with these comics that haven’t been told yet. And that’s great because the stories that inspired me to want to make these kinds of movies haven’t been told yet. I’m quite excited about doing them."

This is an exciting update for fans, since it indicates that Marvel will be betting heavily on the X-Men as the franchise's future while still juggling the Avengers' and the Fantastic Four's presence.

After all, the X-Men is the only corner of the Marvel universe that the MCU has not fully explored yet at this point, and it is interesting to see how their take on the mutants will be different from the Fox versions.

What to Expect in the X-Men MCU Reboot

X-Men MCU Cast
expand image
Credit: Marvel.com

So far, plot details for the X-Men MCU reboot are still under wraps, but it is expected to take place sometime after Avengers: Secret Wars.

Thunderbolts* director Jake Schreier is currently attached to helm the project. Beef creator Lee Sung Jin and The Bear co-showrunner Joanna Calo are writing the screenplay.

So far, the cast includes Sadie Sink (as Jean Grey), Kit Connor (as Cyclops), Christopher Abbott (as Charles Xavier), Samara Weaving (as Emma Frost), Inde Navarrette (as Rogue), Maya Boyd (as Storm), and Adam Driver (as Nathaniel Milbury/Mister Sinister). More casting is expected to take place soon.

The film is currently slated for release in theaters on May 5, 2028. Production will begin early next year.

Keep it locked on Epicstream, your go-to site for film, TV, and celebrity coverage!