- Primary Subject: Inde Navarrette Cast as Rogue in MCU's X-Men
- Key Update: Obsession breakout star Inde Navarrette turned down high-profile offers, including a role in Michael Mann's Heat 2, to commit fully to playing Rogue in the MCU.
- Status: Reported
- Last Verified: August 20, 2026
- Quick Answer: Inde Navarrette rejected major offers, including Michael Mann's Heat 2, to prioritize playing Rogue in Marvel Studios' upcoming X-Men reboot.
Fresh off her breakout role in the blockbuster indie horror hit Obsession, Inde Navarrette became one of the most sought-after actors in Hollywood almost overnight.
Industry reports reveal she turned down several multi-million-dollar offers, making it crystal clear that taking on the mantle of Rogue in the X-Men reboot was the ultimate prize she was unwilling to compromise.
What Major Projects Did Inde Navarrette Turn Down For the MCU's X-Men?

Following her record-breaking performance in Obsession, Navarrette found herself at the center of a major studio bidding war.
According to a new Page Six report, the Obsession star officially passed on the role of Charlene in Michael Mann's upcoming Heat 2, the iconic character that Ashley Judd originally brought to life, which would have had Navarrette star alongside heavyweights Leonardo DiCaprio and Christian Bale.
Beyond passing on Mann's crime sequel due to filming schedule overlaps, Navarrette also turned down a $2.5 million starring offer for director Matthias Hoene's upcoming horror feature.
The outlet noted that a "prominent" Hollywood producer told them "[Navarrette] is on everyone's short list right now" and that she had regularly turned down mid-seven-figure offers since Obsession's surprise success.
Why the Obsession Star Has Her Heart Set on Playing X-Men's Rogue

Stepping into the boots of an iconic mutant like Rogue is no small feat, but Navarrette's physical and emotional range in Obsession further proved that her intensity control is exactly what made her a good choice.
Much like her character Nikki in the horror phenomenon, Rogue is defined by a tragic lack of control over her otherworldly powers, making the character a deeply complex and emotionally layered hero to bring to life. Navarrette might just do her justice in the live-action reboot.
After all, the 25-year-old actress seems to know exactly what set her heart on her roles, as she previously told Nylon: "I really want to prove that Obsession wasn't just lightning in a bottle. This is something that I really love and want to continue doing, but of course that's going to take time," adding that she wants people to put their trust in what she's doing because, "I also want to fall on my face publicly and have something that people don't like, [but] maybe I do."
In the meantime, fans can wait until the MCU's X-Men reboot premieres in theaters on May 5, 2028. Stay tuned!
Keep it locked on EpicStream, your go-to site for film, TV, and celebrity coverage!


